So you’re wondering How to Start a Blog? I’m glad you’re here. There’s so much information out there on the Web, and everyone’s telling you to do something different. Who do you listen to?? Where’s the starting point??
My goal is to explain the necessary steps to get off to agood and successful Blogging start without any technical experience.
I created my first blog in Blogger platform in 2014 with zero computer experience. It took me a lot of time to figure out things. I googled for every small things until I nearly lost my eyeballs. LOL this sounds funny but it is a fact. For a beginner to start a Blog is something difficult if you do not have any computer skills. I’ve gone through the same thing . And I don’t want you people out there to face the same problem I faced.
The below guide contains what I learned along the way and is especially for those who want step-by-step instructions in an easy and simple format.
I promise it’ll be simple, relatively easy, and definitely easy to understand.
Okay let’s move on…
Before I start, I would like to discuss on “Why start a blog?” Is is worthy to start??
- Blogging has now become one of the most popular way of communicating and spreading news and information. There are literally millions of Blogs online.
- You become a better person and a better writer as well.
- A blog gives anyone- from individuals to large companies – the ability to reach a large number of people at very little cost.
- The best reason , you can make money Blogging.
How to start a Blog in 5 steps?
- Decide what to Blog about
- Choose a Blogging Platform
- Pick a Domain Name
- Find a Host
- Design & use your Blog
1. Decide what to Blog about :
- This is the most important part in Blogging. On what topic or niche you’ll be writing articles. You need to decide this first.A blog requires a lot of content to get going and to remain interesting. You’ll be at this a while so make sure you have plenty to talk about.Blog about something you enjoy. If you have no specific topic and write some random stuffs, it will look weird. Also, why would readers be interested in reading something random dull stuffs??Choose a niche in which you can establish as an authority . You will probably not be the first person to blog about the topic you choose. There is a high competition in web. Don’t worry about this, but ask yourself if you have a reasonable chance at making your blog better than all the others in your niche.You need to focus on the niche you select to start a blog with. And give your best to write something interesting unique that you reckon readers will be interested to read.
2. Choose a Blogging Platform :
Choosing where you want to build blog is preety much the first thing you have to do. I assume you’ve heard of WORDPRESS, and this is the platform I prefer. It’s massive.
It’s by far one of the biggest Blogging platforms in the world, with countless plugins and almost infinite ways to design and give a proper layout to your Blog.
There are more than 85 millions active users of WordPress.
Super easy set-up and is free to use.
Lots of free responsive themes and layouts.
Your blog will be insanely fast.
People can interact with you easily. Your contents can be shared, commented on, and so on.
3. Pick a Domain Name :
- Domain name is web address. Let’s say, yellmeout.com is my domain name. It should be unique.Whoaa, slow down there !! This is the biggest decision you’ll have to make before we go any further. You need to decide whether to pay for your blog or grab a free one.If you decide to go with free one, there are certain limitations or criteria :You won’t be able to get your own domain name. On a free blog, your Blog’s web address will be ugly. Like, really ugly. It will look something like this : Myblog.wordpress.com Myblog.wix.comMyblog.blogspot.comIt looks ugly right??
There are some other limits. You can’t fully monetize it, and you don’t have the possibility to upload all those videos and images you want to show everyone. It’s all limited. You won’t even have access to the free themes offered by WordPress.
So to overcome all the limitations and get full access to your Blog, you need to purchase the domain name with Domain providers . I prefer ‘BlueHost ‘ for Domain . I’m using the same and it is preety simple and comparatively cheap.
Tips for choosing a domain name :
The goal is to make it easy to remember and easy to share.
Always go with .com whenever possible. People always assume .com before other extensions like .net, .org, .co or others.
Don’t include hypens, numbers or other confusing strings of words.
If you’re not sure what to use, your name is safe to start.
Try a phrase if you’re having trouble finding an available name.
4. Find a Host :
Hosting is basically the company or a business that puts your website up to the internet so everyone else can see it. Everything will be saved on there. Let’s say it is like a hard-drive where your blog will be saved.
This is the other thing you need to purchase. I prefer ‘Bluehost’ for hosting as well. It is good enough to go with.
So now when you own your Domain name and Hosting space, you can easily host your Domain Name and make it public.
5. Design and Start your Blog :
Congratulations !!! You are now the proud owner of a self-hosted site. There are many things you can do at this point.
The first thing you need to do is to install WordPress to your Domain Name and choose a proper theme that fits your Blog. There are many free themes you can find . However you can go with some professional premium paid themes. But I do not recommend you to use paid theme in the beginning.
If you encounter any problem while setting up these things, feel free to ask me through comment or email…I'm always there to help you out....